- Implementation and ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Windows based infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve Windows OS related incidents and problems according to customer processes
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for OS related service problems as part of problem management
- Liaise with support vendors for maintenance, support or issues resolution.
- Support Windows Server based systems, system software, clustering software and system management agents.
- Assist in analyzing historical usage for tracking and trending by CPU, memory, I/O and storage
- Implement capacity improvement plan
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Technical Disaster Recovery Plan. Provide technical support during disaster
- Execute Technical Disaster Recovery plan during DR and DR drill.
- Provide technical support during disaster
- Review event logs on a regular basis based on business requirements
- Manage the server OS patching procedure and security hardening
- Evaluate and review patches, before and after installation
- Perform backup and restore of systems based on business requirement
- Capacity planning to cater to future growth for customer's servers.
- Writing/updating technical design, build and process documentation
- Diploma/Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to independently solve and troubleshoot problems
- Familiarity in carrying out Windows server OS troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Cluster is a must
- Working knowledge in VMware vSphere 4.x and above is a must.
- Working knowledge in SAN Storage management
- Knowledge in Windows, where documented knowledge/certification for Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016 would be an advantage
- Working experience of installation and operation of Windows Servers (2003/2008/2012/2016) operating systems, software and backup solutions.
- Knowledge of server hardware and equipment such as HP/IBM servers and HP/IBM SAN would be an advantage
- Knowledge or enterprise backup solution such as Symantec Backup exec
- Familiarity with enterprise virus protection software such as Symantec Endpoint Protection, Mcafee endpoint protection etc.
- ITIL Foundation certified or equivalent work experience
- Some automation and scripting experience would be an advantage
- Self-motivated, customer oriented and a team player when involved in projects
Shortlisted candidates will be offered a 1 Year Agency Contract employment.
* Implementation and ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Windows based infrastructure
* Troubleshoot and resolve Windows OS related incidents and problems according to customer processes
* Perform Root Cause A
Skills: System Engineer, Root Cause Analysis, Rca, microsoft cluster
Experience: 1.00-4.00 Years