Job Description :
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Commercial Contracts Manager to join our Commercial Management team in NCS. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
The role of a member of the Commercial Management Team is to provide commercial management support to assist the project teams to:
(a) adhere to and comply with the contract,
(b) manage contractual risk exposure on assigned projects,
(c) maintain/ strengthen the Company's relationships with its clients, and
(d) protect the Company's revenue and margins.
- Provide Commercial Management support to complex projects including projects where the total contract value exceeds SGD 5 million
- Evaluate and implement commercial management tools to improve efficiency in the commercial management process and project management which may cover areas including Contract Awareness, Risk Management, Change Control, Deliverables Management, Issues Management, Disputes Management, Subcontract Management, Intellectual Property Management, Contract Communications Management and Contract Documentation Management.
- Draft, review and negotiate key project documents eg statements of work, change orders/ variation agreements etc
- Identify contractual risks/ issues/potential disputes proactively on projects and propose solutions to management to mitigate such risks/issues.
- Support project teams in key meetings with clients and subcontractors over main issues relating to contractual matters.
- Strategize with company executives prior to client negotiations and support the project teams in negotiations with the client representing the company's interests.
- Act as an escalation point for issues/ challenges faced by project managers on projects.
- Assist the project team to track that the project is on budget, payment terms are adhered to and margins are not eroded and take the initiative to address such issues.
- Monitor and report on major contract fulfilment on a monthly basis and other necessary reporting tools.
- Create policies, templates, guidelines, packaged knowledge, toolkits, processes and procedures as necessary to enable the Commercial Management Team with appropriate knowledge and tools to support projects.
- To be the subject matter expert on practice areas.
- Conduct training to align the project teams on commercial management practices and processes as well as risk management
- Enhance the working relationship between the Commercial Management Team and the project teams.
- Support, promote, and implement the Commercial Management Department's initiatives.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Law Degree and/or Contract Management Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years post-qualifying transactional experience in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal group or contract management experience in the IT industry or other relevant industries.
- Possesses good knowledge of relevant laws.
- Demonstrated business /commercial acumen and ability to drive successful outcomes.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective problem- solving skills
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to handle large workload
- Analytical thinker
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Professional conduct and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has worked with project teams on IT contracts
- Has worked on multi-party IT projects with three or more stakeholders
- Possess good knowledge of project management
If you would like to be part of the winning team that does great work, apply today!
Job Description :
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Commercial Contracts Manager to join our Commercial Management team in NCS. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you a
Skills: Contracts Manager
Experience: 5.00-8.00 Years