Job Description :
NCS is a member of the Singtel Group and the leading information, communication and technology (ICT) service provider. across the Asia-Pacific region. We are passionate in delivering the best IT, data and analytics solutions to our clients in the various sectors – government, financial and commercial. We embrace the company's core values in everything we do and strongly believe that a strong pipeline of talent drives sustainable business success – the right people in the right roles, at the right time.
Ultimately, we also believe that managing one's career is a partnership. At every stage of your career, you will find many avenues for learning and development with us at NCS.
Our Nucleus talent development program is designed to help you kick start your tech career by building your foundation and deepening your specialisation through undergoing a sponsored structured program – eventually securing a Master of Technology degree with NUS-ISS. On top of the master's degree, you will become proficient in digital technologies, system development and implementation through working with a dynamic team, in a fun and fast-paced environment.
If you have strong data fundamentals, analytical skills, learning agility and positive working attitudes towards challenges, accelerate your Tech Career with us by embarking on an enriching and rewarding career path with NCS.
What will you do
- Contribute to the building and maintaining of end-to-end data pipelines to bring information from source systems, harmonise and cleanse data to support analytics solutions
- Contribute to scoping of data inputs, data cleaning and pre-processing, feature engineering, building analytics solution, deploying to production, conducting testing, and improving analytics solution by iterations
- Participate in technical design sessions with cross-functional teams to define data process flow, data definition, data & analytics solution requirements and specifications
- Work closely with project manager and technical leads to provide regular status reporting and support them to refine issues/problem statements and propose/evaluate relevant analytics solutions
- Work in interdisciplinary teams that combine technical, business and analytics competencies that deliver work in waterfall or agile software development lifecycle methodologies
What do you need to succeed
- Possess good communications skills to understand our customers' core business objectives and build end-to-end data centric solutions to address them
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Expected to grow your skills and capabilities by becoming a SME within area of responsibility and scope of services and staying current on the new and emerging market offerings/technologies.
- Master or Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physic, or other related disciplines that possesses an analytical and quantitative component from a reputable institution.
- Basic competency in two or more of the following areas preferred:
- Data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI)
- SQL knowledge
- Programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Java)
- Analytical software (e.g. SAS)
- Distributed architectures (e.g. HDFS, Hive)
- Ability to analyse and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients
Good to have:
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Cloudera (or other cloud services)
- Data pipeline and/or database development experience
- Knowledge of statistical modelling, predictive analytics or machine learning
- Hands-on experience setting up and using toolkits such as:
- REST APIs.
- Certification in leading data analytics platforms such as:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role.
Job Description :
NCS is a member of the Singtel Group and the leading information, communication and technology (ICT) service provider. across the Asia-Pacific region. We are passionate in delivering the best IT, data and analytics solutions to ou
Skills: Data & Analytics Consultant (Nucleus)
Experience: 0.00-50.00 Years