|Company:||National University of Singapore|
Research Fellow @ NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility
The National University of Singapore invites applications forResearch Fellow (RF)in the Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) Core Facility, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The RF aims to implement the research projects of risk group 3 (RG3) pathogens including SARS-CoV-2 within BSL-3 Facility. The successful RF will have the opportunity to manage a research project with career development.
The BSL-3 Core Facility is the largest research-focused biocontainment facility in Singapore. The facility supports research and diagnostic work involving risk group 3 (RG3) pathogens is equipped with a range of laboratory equipment with advanced technologies (including mouse biocontainment units, flow cytometers, aerosol inhalation machine, PET/CT imaging, etc.). Currently, the facility is open to researchers from NUS and other non-NUS institutions to conduct their research on RG3 biological agents. It also supports the Singapore National Public Health Laboratory activities such as RG3 pathogen surveillance and national preparedness for effective disease outbreak management programme.
· Provide scientific manpower supports towards scientific research (in vitroandin vivo) on SARS-CoV-2 and other RG3 pathogens within the NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility.
· Coordinate and perform COVID-19 and other RG3 scientific research service support.
· Work with the PIs from various departments to develop new experimental protocols, SOPs and risk assessments for their BSL-3 research work.
· Work with NUHS/NUS Medicine Research Office and BSL-3 facility Scientific Manager to prioritize, facilitate and execute relevant research activities.
· Maintain high scientific standards in the NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility and maintain compliance to all legal & NUS requirements.
· Provide support for sample transfer and storage of clinical samples from NUHS in the BSL-3 facility and maintain an up-to-date inventory of the samples.
· Assist the BSL-3 facility whenever there is a research and training related need.
· Planning and conducting work/training activities, and ensuring adequate staffing levels, time, space and equipment are available.
· Assist the BSL-3 management with any ad-hoc projects whenever necessary.
· PhD in Medical/Clinical Laboratory Science, Biomedical Sciences, Virology, Bioinformatics or equivalent degree
· Minimum 2 years' research experience in BSL-2 or BSL-3 laboratory with very good knowledge, skills and expertise, and demonstrated creativity and promise in research excellence.
Job Description Research Fellow @ NUS Medicine BSL-3 Core Facility The National University of Singapore invites applications forResearch Fellow (RF)in the Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) Core Facility, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The RF aims to impl
Skills: Research Fellow (Mircobiology)
Experience: 2.00-5.00 Years