- Plan, co-ordinate, guide project teams in the implementation of infrastructure projects and solutions.
- Participate as a technical lead to drive the infrastructure evaluation and implementation.
- Ensure that the architecture put in place is aligned and consistent with organization direction and business strategies.
- Develop operating procedures that complies with company's security and operational policies.
- Participate in annual audits on systems and servers.
- Carry out tactical and operational plans including planning for growth, anticipating for technology changes, work planning and providing input for strategic planning.
- Provide support to existing infrastructure and ensure compliance with governance requirements.
- Provide technical support including production system commissioning and follow up on vulnerabilities identified during audit review.
- Manage small-scale technical projects including the evaluation of potential solutions.
- Assist in non-infrastructure project as the Infrastructure's Single Point of Contact.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and outsourced vendors.
- Technical lead in area of expertise and provide coaching and guidance to other data centre professionals.
- Annual budgeting.
- Track and renew hardware and software maintenance and license renewals.
- Perform procurement via RFQ, RFP, RFI and tender.
i) Set system administration processes * Establish goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of systems * Align system administration with overall strategic IT service direction and business needs * Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives * Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues * Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure system security
ii) Develop New Systems * Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration * Define systems requirements for new technology implementations * Prepare for system expansion by studying plans and requirements * Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems * Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
iii) Optimise Systems Performance * Recommend process, product or service improvements, resource optimisation and cost savings * Oversee hardware and software upgrades * Recommend new technologies, methodologies, systems or opportunities for cost savings, security and service quality improvement
iv) Manage Teams * Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing * Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions * Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff * Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures Requirements
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is a mandatory criteria.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Strong knowledge in hardware & systems software, clustering solutions, enterprise SAN, server and storage virtualization technologies.
- Strong technical IT operations knowledge in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management.
- Good experience in technologies such as SAP BASIS, WebSphere, Citrix, VMWare, MS SQL, Oracle is an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server platform and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of UNIX / Solaris / Linux platform is an added advantage.
- Strong vendor, service level and project management skills.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
* Plan, co-ordinate, guide project teams in the implementation of infrastructure projects and solutions.
* Participate as a technical lead to drive the infrastructure evaluation and implementation.
* Ensure that the architec
Skills: Senior Manager
Experience: 0.00-50.00 Years