Job Description :
- Reviews the complete electronic and paper medical record of discharged patients. Assigns diagnosis and procedure codes from documentation in the medical record, when indicated assigns procedure codes
- Abstracts coded data and patient information into the coding abstracting system in use by BIDMC (information includes attending physician, surgeon, dates of surgery, disposition, discharge date, and infant birth weight etc.). Uses the 'Coding Clinic for official coding guidelines set forth by the Coordination and Maintenance Committee.
- Sequences the assigned codes using the Finder System, exercising all principles of assigning codes to determine the appropriate DRG. Prioritizes daily work to ensure timely submission to the billing system.
- Participates in training programs including educational sessions for updates to Coding Clinic Guidelines and learning.
- Follows Policy & Procedure to identify and facilitate prompt resolution of documentation, abstracting and/or other account problems
- Degree holder preferably in Medicine, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences
- At least 3 years ofexperience, preferably in a hospital environment
- Knowledge of statistics would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Team player and a self-starter who can work with minimum supervision
Please send your resume in MS word format to leonleong
Email Subject: Clinical Coder
Leon Leong De Cong
Recruit Express Pte Ltd Pte Ltd
EA License: 99C4599
Job Description :
* Reviews the complete electronic and paper medical record of discharged patients. Assigns diagnosis and procedure codes from documentation in the medical record, when indicated assigns procedure codes
Skills: Professional Services
Experience: 3.00-6.00 Years