Title:Senior/ Associate Accounting Staff - BPS (Tax & Legal Division)
What impact will you make
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
BPS senior/Associate Accountant fulfils an integral transactional and reporting function in Deloitte's Business Process Solutions ('BPS'). This role touches all aspects of finance function including GST compliance, documentation of process improvements and other special projects as needed. This position will report to the BPS Manager / BPS Partner.
Provide support for accounting functions including the GST reporting process. Provide financial reports and cash flow projections to our clients by coordinating with relevant contacts and maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts. Provide support to the BPS Manager, the other members of the BPS accounting team and the client.
Responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating with various country contacts, tax agents to prepare GST reports including review of indirect tax workings and returns
- Maintain the general ledger accounts by monitoring journal entry preparation preparing monthly accruals and entries and reconciling accounts monthly
- Accounts receivable - assisting with daily/weekly/monthly invoicing
- Payment processing and monitoring payables
- Review and documents process improvements and be involved in special projects giving insightful analysis when needed.
- Be Seconded to client offices to assist in finance/treasury function, when necessary
- Complete internal audits of transactions as necessary.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Handle payroll matters, familiar with local and regional legislations.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or comparable with 2 year or more experience in an similar accounting related role
- Prior GST compliance related experience and regional indirect tax related exposure
- Regional payroll experience preferred
- Self-starter, organized, attention to detail, deadline oriented, hands-on.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment on several projects.
- Some experience with ERP systems in the past - MS Navision / SAP is a plus.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal pressures.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- MS Office experience required including extensive Excel knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Title: Senior/ Associate Accounting Staff - BPS (Tax & Legal Division)
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our client
Skills: Senior Accounting Staff (with Payroll exp)- BPS (Tax & Legal Division)
Experience: 2.00-5.00 Years