Company: Nestle R&D Center (Pte) Ltd
Type of contract: Permanent
Joining Nestlé means you are joining the largest Food and Beverage Company in the world. At our very core, we are a human environment – passionate people driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. A Nestle career empowers you to make an impact locally and globally, as you are provided with the opportunity to make a mark and stand out, as long as you seek it. With Nestle, you are enabled and encouraged to grow not only as professionals, but also as people.
We are looking for a Senior Packaging Specialist to be part of the team to to drive global transversal packaging technology within Nestlé to meet the needs of our businesses through innovation and technology. The position reports into the CT-PTD Packaging group.
A day in the life of...
- Lead Tertiary Packaging technology
- Main global technical lead for End of Line Tertiary packaging focusing on Pallet Stabilization technologies. (Pallet Stretch Wrapping Equipment, etc.)
- Establish governance and strategy for the above technologies.
- Identify and develop innovative tertiary packaging solutions that support our sustainability and performance goals.
- Support reduction of total delivered cost through optimization of packaging throughout the value chain.
- Define parameters and requirements for pallet load integrity that ensure our products are delivered in good condition.
- Enhance the capabilities of manufacturing by developing a flexible and agile machine portfolio that matches the needs of various channels.
- Develop related standards based on the needs of the business.
- Review and Validate feedback to design and best practices across Nestlé.
- Provide competence development through workshops, e-learnings, webinars, technical assistance to markets / factories.
- Be an active communicator on related technology development with the Nestlé packaging community.
- Establish minimum criteria for factory to specify during CAPEX request.
- Review CAPEX submissions by the factories to advice feasibility.
- Build strong relationships with key business and platform partners in order to support priority initiatives
- Manage and interact with key suppliers from a technical standpoint.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new and emerging trends in secondary / tertiary packaging technology. Identify areas of opportunity to implement these new technologies into packaging automation solutions.
What will make you successful
- BSc, MSc or equivalent degree from a tertiary institution or University, preferably in packaging or mechanical engineering.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in FMCG End of Line Packaging is required.
- Excels in a collaborative environment.
- Understands the packaging performance requirements of supply chain logistics and associated testing methodologies.
- Broad understanding of pallet stabilizing packaging materials (e.g. Stretch Film, Pallet Banding, etc) and the interaction with machine automation.
- Ability to develop research ideas, create original, differentiating technology and apply technical knowledge to meet business needs.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to lead/manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Must be independent and resourceful.
- Able to manage multiple assignments/tasks concurrently
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Able to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of organization within Nestle.
- Strong technical competence in mechanical design preferred.
- Experience in managing eCommerce packaging is preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.