1. Automate builds and develop and integrate new tools to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and reporting across projects.
2. Develop and maintain well-architected build scripts to automate builds.
3. Develop and maintain install related activities, including application packaging and deployment and ClearCase and/or Git repository management for both a local team of software and firmware developers as well as the extended Engineering community.
4. Monitor and support daily build cycles and timely release of Hotfix packages.
5. Coordinate effort among multiple sites and other DevOps personnel.
6. Liaison with IT to comply with infrastructure, corporate policies, and the Secure Development Environment.
7. Monitor and maintain build environment and software releases for various product branches on a daily, weekly, and scheduled basis.
8. Install support to package entire software or at component level for deployment. Design develops and test integration of different components and systems using APIs and scripting to test features that span across multiple systems.
9. Define, maintain, and manage the software configuration management and deployment processes for all products in the division.
10. Depending upon business needs, this candidate may have the opportunity to participate in a Scrum team as a unit test engineer.
11. Networks with senior internal/external personnel in own area of expertise as well as networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
12. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Open to receiving and sharing of new ideas.
13. Functions effectively in a globally distributed team environment as both an individual contributor and a leader.
14. Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g., health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published by the company.
Qualifications: Education, Desired Skills and Experience
1. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
2. Possess a minimum of five years’ experience with hands-on software development and configuration management experience required.
3. Experience with Git* technologies. Experience with ClearCase and/or SVN a plus.
4. Experience scripting using Python or Microsoft PowerShell
5. Experience with Dependency Management Tools and repositories such as TeamCity and Artifactory.
6. Experience in setting up and managing software development server hardware and software, specifically on Microsoft Windows and Linux.
7. Experience implementing test frameworks in Python or other scripting language desired.
8. Experience with formal, automated, unit and integration testing of software/firmware desired.
9. C/C++ experience in a real time environment desired.
10. Prior use of automated IT infrastructure / operating system configuration management tools desired.
11. Experience with virtual machine and template management in vCenter or Azure desired
12. This position will be working in a complex, multi-national multi-site embedded software and software organization. Some after-hours support is required.
13. Strong collaborator in a matrixed organization. Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team or independently required.
14. Proven ability to communicate technical information of a complex nature clearly and concisely in verbal and written form required.
15. Demonstrate customer centric culture to understand our internal and external customers.
16. Accept job requirement to connect in a global environment and with light international travel.