We are seeking an experienced, talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join the engineering team at Treedots in Singapore or remotely anywhere around the world. You’ll be bringing your skills and expertise to design, build and scale our highly available and distributed SaaS platform and its numerous applications that make our business possible and essential to many.
You will be working in an Agile and test-driven environment, given the autonomy to decide the best way to design, ship and support the system. You will use the best tools for the job and follow industry best practices to ship a product that is truly valuable to our users and partners.
Some of our engineering focuses for 2021 are
- Build infrastructure and architecture that powers our application on all client platforms (web, iOS, Android)
- Enable a service-oriented architecture at TreeDots
In this role you will
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
You will do it by
- Being part of an agile, multidisciplinary team. You bring your own unique skill set to the table and collaborate with others to accomplish your team’s goals.
- Efficiently prioritizing your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task.
- Experimenting, testing, trying, failing, succeeding and learning incessantly.
Your first week at TreeDots
- You will build and run TreeDots on your development environment
- You will get to know your teammates and join our delivery rituals
- You will ship your first test to check on the engineering team code so the product can be ship to thousands of users without issue
Your first month at TreeDots
- You will create a series of automated tests to make sure features are good for deployment
- You will review collaborate with the engineers and product managers to come up with test cases
- You will be part of the team that ship new feature to customers
Your first six months at TreeDots
- You will start mentoring more junior Treedots engineers based on all you’ve learned so far
- You will design, deliver and own an QA process
- You will determine and decide upon the technical direction of TreeDots with your team
- You have a track record of at least 4 years with engineering teams that rapidly ship high-quality mobile or web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users, focusing on the area of Quality Assurance. Having done this in a startup context is a plus.
- You are excellent and strong in Computer Science fundamentals and have great competencies in algorithms and data structures
- You have up-to-date knowledge of modern programming paradigm
- You have experience creating automated tests with cypress
5. You must be knowledgeable on JIRA
6. Preferably knows how to operate SQL and knows mobile automation but not a must
7. You must know how to do Automation tests (Exploratory, Smoke, Sanity, and Acceptance Test) and Manual tests (API, Load, e2e)
- You have great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a tight-knit team.
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. We are a startup and we expect every team member to be able to work without constant supervision.
Bonus points for:
- You are awe-inspiring at either cypress or any other QA tools
- You have worked and thrived in a distributed team context before.
- Excellent career progression with huge growth potential
- Flexible working arrangements
- Nurturing and dynamic global team
- Opportunity to put your skills in solving a real environmental problem