Network Engineering is a global organisation that is part of the Foundational Infrastructure business unit and is based in multiple locations around the world. We engineer technologies, products and solutions across the entire Goldman Sachs network. This includes networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity and e-commerce services, cloud connectivity, the global core backbone, the design of the physical network supporting campus based users, interconnectivity to regional offices. We are also involved in the development of software solutions to support all aspects of network automation. The team ensures that knowledge, best practises and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
Network Engineering is seeking an experienced engineer with excellent technical, analytical and communication skills.
Run the bank (30%)
- Take an active role in the day to day and the stability of the platform by providing L3 operational support for business impacting and complex problems.
- Participate actively in the Change & Problem management processes.
- Provide technical escalation for complex problems
- Take an active role in the lifecycle of the network environment; ensure hardware & software replacement on time to manage the operational risk.
- Deliver training/knowledge sharing to the L1/L2 operations for their daily support.
Build the bank (70%)
- Introduction, communication and development of strategic networking technologies to provide additional scalability and functionality.
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Video, Market Data, Compute, Storage, Cloud connectivity, Information Security and Data Centre
- Owning the delivery of a variety of concurrent projects in varying scale from small to very large
- Produce quality documentation on network design, diagrams and support materials
- Hold a governance responsibility to ensure design produced sticking to the standard
- Take an active role in the product lifecycle; new technology introduction through to demise
- Working with networking product vendors and telecoms service providers with regards to all of the above
Skills and Experiences:
- Extensive technical experience in engineering and implementing networking technologies within large Enterprise, preferably within financial sector.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise network topologies, protocols and networking technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of design principles, products, technologies for data center, user offices & network connectivity transport
- Extensive technical and hands-on experience on: Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Layer4-7 switching / High Availability (Citrix Netscaler preferred), Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Juniper JunOS, Arista EOS
- Appreciation of network programming experience in using netconf/restconf/YAML.
- Good appreciation of network security architectures, models and methodologies, authentication schemes, encryption techniques and standards, products
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Experience in analyzing packet capture is a plus.
- Extensive experience with the management, internetworking design and implementation of networks
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good project management experience as a lead or team player on large network deployments and cross-discipline project deliverables
- Appreciation of neighboring technologies: Market Data, Voice, Computing and Voice/Video
- Additional technologies of interest: Infiniband, Juniper JunOS, WiFi
- Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
- Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
- Experience with network programming and automations
- Experience with cloud based network solution deployment
- Experience working with and management of enterprise DNS/DHCP and IPAM solution
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity