Join us to Transform Lives!
Pathlight School is the first autism-focused school in Singapore to offer a unique blend of Singapore mainstream national curriculum and life readiness skills. We are currently the largest special education school in Singapore and due to our further expansion, we invite candidates who have proven commitment and competence to join us in the role of Secondary School Teacher across the various subjects.
Pathlight School is part of Autism Resource Centre (Singapore) or ARC(S), a not-for-profit charity based in Singapore. ARC(S) is dedicated to serving children and adults on the autism spectrum, to help these individuals lead meaningful and independent lives in society.
Your Impact and Contribution:
Quality Educational Outcomes and Holistic Student Development
- Develop students to be future ready for a Smart & Green Nation
- Plan and deliver engaging and well-paced lessons, contribute to improve curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment to enhance teaching and learning within the school
- Implement appropriate modes of assessment to monitor student progress by providing accurate feedback, and implementing suitable instructional supports to close gaps
Fruitful Collaborative Relationships and Stakeholder Management
- Foster strategic partnerships with families, caregivers, Allied Professionals and other relevant stakeholders to formulate data-based, student - centered IEP/ITP process for all students, support their attainment of IEP/ITP goals through appropriate strategies and to achieve positive post school outcomes
- Co-lead or lead CCAs, school-wide initiative/events including improvement & innovation processes, bridging programmes, committees, etc.
- Participate in projects and teams to improve key processes and systems that value-add department and school-wide
Robust HR Health
- Embrace lifelong learning and be expert Teachers who are designers and facilitators of impactful learning experiences for a future ready and holistic education
- Engage proactively in professional development for knowledge and skills development
- Participate in professional learning teams to foster collaborative learning between staff members
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching/guidance to other teachers to facilitate skill development in areas such as lesson design, pedagogy and assessment methods, as well as to encourage performance improvement and reflective practise.
- Relevant experience in teaching Singapore mainstream Secondary subjects and preparing students for GCE 'N' and 'O' Levels
- Passion to help special needs students maximise their talents and potential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical-thinking and creativity to develop learning strategies
- Good instructional skills to explain concepts clearly
- Selected candidates will be required to attend and complete certification training
Recognised qualifications in teaching Singapore mainstream academics at Secondary School levels, ie Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or Diploma in Special Education (DISE)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to hire.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.