We are Assembly – and we’re not like the rest. We’re the modern alternative agency, bringing together industry-leading data, talent, and tech to Find the Change That Fuels Growth for the best brands on the planet, including Adobe, Lane Crawford, Marina Bay Sands, and more. Our diverse, global community of over 1,600 passionate experts combines global thinking with unmatched local expertise in more than 20 markets worldwide – enabling brands to engage and move consumers anywhere. We use STAGE, Assembly’s proprietary, privacy-centric data solutions platform, to surface powerful insights that transform into actionable brand opportunities. We’re at the cutting edge of new media, technology, and platforms embedded in the lives of today’s consumers, and we’re tapped into how culture and communities’ needs change. We do this while staying steadfast in our commitment to Leave the World Better Than We Found It through measurable social and environmental impact work.
Assembly was named The Drum’s APAC Media Agency of the Year in 2021
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
An accomplished Account Director who will takes ownership of some of the key client relationships we have in the region and is primarily responsible in leading the strategic growth and planning excellence while overseeing the activation delivery of these accounts.
Due to the complex nature of these key accounts, the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate multi-tasking and time-management capabilities to manage client stakeholders and internal teams on global, regional and local levels.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ON ANY GIVEN DAY
- Act as the client lead to provide strategic POVs and recommendations
- Be the first point of contact for most, if not all senior client stakeholders
- Translate client briefs (business objectives and goals) into data-driven strategy frameworks with actionable KPIs
- Maintain & strengthen client relationships at all levels
- Responsible for personal and career development of direct reports
- Resource planning for account teams to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to support workload
- Support the team to ensure excellent and consistent delivery of all planning and activation work in a timely manner
- Manage in-market account teams effectively, ensuring regional processes are adopted locally
- Collaborate effectively with specialist teams (consultancy, data science, martech, programmatic) and be the go-to-person when client context is required
- Lead/ Support new business pitches when required
- Identify cross & upsell opportunities and act as a tag team with the Account Director to successfully pitch initiatives
- Keep abreast of channel and product updates within the agency, ensuring these are communicated to the client where appropriate
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Minimum 6 years in media agency-side roles, with at least 1.5 years in a people-management role
- Fluent English communication, verbal and written. Japanese fluency is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of all digital channels including PPC, Direct Display, Programmatic Display, Paid Social, Account Based Marketing (ABM)
- Hands on knowledge in Google's Product Suite (DV360, Google Ads (Search and Display), CM360)
- Demonstrable experience in translating client objectives into feasible, well thought-out digital strategies with a focus towards performance marketing
- Understands APAC market nuances to adapt and localise global and regional strategies
- Proven track record in managing complex accounts with multiple stakeholders across APAC effectively while developing strong client relationships
- Experience leading large scale account teams across different offices and time zones
- Experience working across B2B or Tech clients preferable but not essential
- Team leader, collaborator, contributor
- Proactive, motivated, self starter
- Out-of-the-box creative thinker
- Confident, responsible
- Process-driven, organised
- 'Never stop learning' attitude
- We’re part of Stagwell, the challenger network built to transform marketing. We’re nimble, smart, and digital-first, and we’re quickly growing to take on the biggest legacy hold cos.
- We care about your growth – we offer competitive salaries, annual compensation reviews, and keep detailed personal development plans to ensure you’re hitting your personal and company goals.
- We recognize and celebrate your success…all the time! Whether it’s through company meetups, employee recognition programs, or just a regular day, we make sure our people’s achievements are known and appreciated!
- We’re truly a people-first organization. That’s why we offer a Flexible Time Off policy that puts you in control of your work-life balance, as well as market-leading primary and secondary caregiver and parental leave policies.
- We care about social and environmental Impact – we have dedicated Impact Champions that collaborate globally to make sure we’re leaving the world better than we found it.
- We have an amazing group of employee resource groups committed to guiding the agency to become more inclusive, diverse, and representative of the world around us.
Sound like the right role for you? Click to apply now!