Love, Bonito is a digital-first company on a mission to empower the everyday Asian woman and inspire self-confidence. We are the leading direct-to-consumer womenswear brand, headquartered in Singapore, with an omni-channel presence across Indonesia and Malaysia, a retail franchise in Cambodia, and are fast expanding into international markets namely Hong Kong SAR China and United States of America.
Founded in 2010, we are proudly female-founded with more than 70% female representation across our organisation, leadership and STEM roles (#girlpower!). We raised a US$50M Series C round in 2021 and know that we’re on the cusp of something great, where we’re working towards becoming the most thoughtful brand globally, for the Asian female consumer, especially when it comes to our products, community and experiences.
There’s a lot more work to be done with all of our exciting plans. So we’re looking to team up with people who are wildly passionate about making an impact and be part of a dynamic team, in a workplace with no corporate BS (yes, you read that right!).
Team Management & Leadership
- Meet sales goals by leading, managing, mentoring, and providing feedback to a team of full-time and part-time retail associates
- Inspire and motivate team to work towards a collective goal
- Collaborate closely with all other functional team leads, in particular Commercial, Operations, Marketing and People & Culture
Retail Performance & Operations: Customer Care, Sales & Stock Management, Visual Merchandising, Operations, Human Resources, Loss Prevention
- Manage the day-to-day store operations to ensure a seamless and smooth customer experience
- Develop, improve and optimise retail processes to improve productivity and store operations
- Oversee general store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, including goods receiving & transfers and cashier balancing
- Oversee store inventory levels and ensure the highest level of inventory accuracy by monitoring, scheduling and ordering inventory as required
- Conduct Stock Taking exercises at several intervals in the year, or as and when required.
- Maintain outstanding store conditions and work closely with the Visual Merchandising team to optimize displays in-store
- Conduct manpower resource planning for both permanent and temporary retail staff; manage shift schedules and retail staff budget to achieve optimal staffing levels for excellence in the brand's customer experience, according to peak hours, days, and seasonality
- Recruit, coach, and build a robust team of Part Time and Full Time girls who strongly believe and live out the LB vision and mission
- Inspire and enable the team to provide a top notch and considerate service to all customers through training and mentoring
- Develop strategies to enhance the store customer experience and drive sales performance by conducting weekly business reviews to expand our customer base, increase store traffic and optimize profitability.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
- 5 years of experience in the retail industry, preferably in fast fashion
- 3 years of experience in managing a retail team(s) - both front and back of house
- Extremely customer-centric and genuinely enjoys serving and getting to know customers better
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, able to motivate and lead the retail team
- Numerate and tech-savvy
- Open to working various shifts and able to work 5 days a week (including weekends and public holidays). Weekends are where all the magic happens!
You should have / be:
- A Love, Bonito ambassador who believes in and embodies our culture and core values
- A passion and genuine love for people; you are a strong leader and are passionate about training, coaching and mentoring a strong team of 30-40 people
- A performance-driven attitude with a hunger and thirst for results and sales
- A high degree of professionalism, work ethic, judgement and keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and an outgoing personality who enjoys interacting and connecting with people to build trusting relationships with customers and external stakeholders
- A good team player, a self-starter, decision maker, gap spotter, captain of the ship
- Technical knowledge in all operational aspects of the store, including but not limited to inventory management, sales and cash management, merchandising, roster building, staff training and coaching, stock taking, and recruitment.
- Full corporate insurance inclusive of Dental
- Attractive monthly commissions for ASM, Performance bonus for SM
- Fully stocked pantry
- Staff discounts
- Uniform credits and welcome gift card of store credits
- Personal Learning and Development Fund
- Wellness support via Ami
- Employee-led recognition platform via Praisepal
- A dynamic, no corporate-BS environment to learn, grow, and really make an impact