Professor Brawn Café is a Social Enterprise which provides job and social integration opportunities to people with special needs and the disadvantaged in society. Its mission is to provide affordable good food by an inclusive quality workforce comprising people of different abilities, ages and socio-economic background.
Due to our rapid expansion to serve more children, we invite people who have proven commitment and
competence to join us in transforming the lives entrusted to us.
As a Sous Chef, your responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following:
- Ensure food items (Asian and Western cuisines) are cooked and plated accurately to specifications
- Maintain proper consistency of food quality and service
- Create and prepare new menu items and daily specials with the Café Manager
- Manage the planning and scheduling of food preparations
- Assist in monthly inventory counts and recording of food wastage
- Ensure areas of responsibility are clean, tidy and organized
- Ensure general cleanliness and hygiene in food prep and storage are in accordance with NEA guidelines
- Implement plans to ensure efficient use of resources and minimise wastage
- Ensure smooth back-of-house operations and maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Any other duties as required by Café Manager
- Minimum 5 years relevant industry experience
- With relevant certificate and experience in culinary / food preparation skills for Asian and Western cuisine
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with being redeploy and working in different work locations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging work environment
- Strong desire to learn about Autism and the passion to help special needs individuals
- Location: Professor Brawn, Pathlight School Campus 1
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to hire.