A multinational information technology and electronics company.
As a Linux System Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- System setup, support and operate RHEL and vSphere environment for the bank.
- 80% - Managing and Operating UOB’s Red Hat Linux Infrastructure.
- Advanced Troubleshooting.
- Performance Tuning.
- Capacity Management.
- Preventive/Proactive Support.
- Incident/Change/Problem Management.
- Provide system administration support and guidance for development team’s app configuration tasks.
- 15% - Managing and Operating UOB’s VMware vSphere IT infrastructure.
- VM Provisioning/Configuration/Resizing/Maintenance.
- 5% - Other IT Infrastructure Related Tasks.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x Administration.
- Intensive experience in supporting RHEL for JBOSS/WebSphere/WebLogic, Oracle DB is a must.
- Intensive experience in supporting RHEL in DMZ is a must.
- Professional understanding of:
- Networking related to RHEL.
- SAN Storage related to RHEL, e.g. multi-pathing, performance.
- Good understanding of:
- Clustered or parallel file system technologies, e.g. IBM Spectrum Scale/GFPS, Veritas CFS.
- OS Clustering technologies (VCS/InfoScale) & Volume Manager (VxVM).
- Intel x86 server hardware operation (HPE ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge).
- Large Data Center facilities operation.
- Hands-On experience supporting Infrastructure agents (NetBackup, BMC Patrol and etc).
- Experience in scripting to support server automation or Infra-as-a-Code (IAC) is a plus (shell scripting/Bash, Chef, etc).
- (Mid-Level) vSphere 6.x administration.