Any other tasks as and when assigned by the manager or management
- As a Senior Supt Engineer must be a role model who set good example including managing and supervision the subordinates with the right and positive attitude towards work, customers, company, and profitability of the job.
- To contribute to the performance appraisals, development and counselling of subordinates.
- Develop services for new generation EC engine & DF engine components.
- Manage team to provide service and repair on HPS incl. chain drive, HCU incl. FIVA valve and alpha lubricator , ECS, modules .
- Assist in establishing workshop facility for FIVA valves service and testing.
- Develop team to carry out required modifications for EPL as per IMO regulations.
- Establish capability to provide services on dual fuel marine diesel engines and conversions.
- Assist with inspection, installation (incl. engine alignment), repair, upgrading, troubleshooting and overhaul of diesel engines and auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to communicate with agent/ship owner reps/Class /sub-contractor including arrangement of work/entry permit through email and phone.
- Proactive in communication and accessibility to customers and Dept. Manager with timely reporting on, job status and technical issues.
- Preparation risk assessment and checklists for assigned job scope
- Preparation for job, scope not limited to technical information, work and manpower plan, schedule, tools and tackles. Daily toolbox meetings with the team on commencement.
- Coordinate with internal depts. on allocated jobs for completion as per scope and schedule.
- Responsible for timesheet submissions- correctness and timely.
- Control cost of the job by tracking man-hour and material and vendor costs, within budgeted. Timely issuance of MR’s and the job folder updates on miscellaneous costs.
- Liaise internally with Customer and Sales with update to Dept. Manager for additional work scopes with proper paperwork and approval.
- Liaise with SCM for air ticketing and other transport arrangements of men and material for attendance on job.
- Able to prepare a handwritten work done, with data recorded as per format templates and service report with photos, upon completion of job.
- Able to prepare a formal investigation report with photographs as per Company’s Singapore format.
- Able to provide formal recommendation and repair proposals on breakdown or failure attendance. And corrective actions as required during work progress.
- Generate spare part list required for overhaul and repair.
- Prepare a Gannt chart for work schedule as per Company’s Singapore format
- Responsible in maintaining equipment, tools in good order and maintain good housekeeping at all job locations
- Ensure all testing and monitoring equipment /instruments are identified and maintained in good order at all times
- Reading and interpreting drawings, manuals and code specifications
- Must always give priority to safety and health for yourself as well as your colleagues and follow strictly the company’s environment, health and safety policy.
Possesses Seaman book and has core knowledge and sailing experience on electronic controlled engines
- At least Diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years working experience with Engine Makers and Marine/Offshore/Power Generation
- Knowledge with high speed engine
- Service knowledge on HPS,HCU,ECS, FIVA
Good package and benefits
Chan Chee Meng