Maison Guerlain, the House of High Perfumery and High Cosmetics, was founded in Paris in 1828.
It is also a House of Creators, inspired by Nature, travelling around the world to source the most exclusive and efficient natural raw materials in its products.
As a House of audacious and innovative total beauty creations, of the highest quality, Guerlain’s Made in France products elevate Beauty to an Art.
Through its retail population, including its Beauty Ambassadors, Guerlain aims to be the #1 Reference for Retail Excellence and Client Experience
The Fragrance Expert will have as his/her mission, to work as part of a team in the POS, to
- ELEVATE Guerlain’s client experience and become the #1 reference for excellence.
- FEDERATE with fellow colleagues to further elevate Guerlain’s luxurious image.
- TRANSMIT Guerlain’s DNA, uniqueness, and know-how to clients.
Reporting to the Boutique/Retail Manager, the Fragrance Expert will
- Be the ambassador of Guerlain’s premium image, Guerlain’s 3-axis product knowledge and service experience.
- Specialize in Perfume History & Competition, Behind the Scenes, How to Speak Perfume modules, and Virtual or Private events out of POS to showcase Guerlain’s Fragrance expertise.
- Be capable of leading all the Fragrance consultations (from flash to complete), based on the Perfumer’s palette.
- Coach fellow colleagues in Fragrance gestures, perfuming tips & best practices at POS.
- He/She will be encompass Guerlain’s Brand expertise, corporate values with the ability to transmit and communicate them to team mates and clients.
- Strictly adhere to Guerlain’s grooming, uniform.
- Product knowledge across all 3-axis of Guerlain’s product assortment, but with a specialized and in-depth knowledge of Fragrance.
- Knowledge of the entire Fragrance catalog (mainstream and High Perfumery).
- Master the customization offer (e.g. Guerlain Parfumeur, mainstream, High Perfumery).
- Master a specialized vocabulary (wording, storytelling, behind the scenes, etc.)
- Capable of performing both manual and digital Fragrance consultations (except for Bespoke).
- Master the Art of Gifting
- Master the gestures (fan, G gesture, generic gestures related to fragrances, hair mists, etc.)
- He/She will ensure perfect exécution store’s merchandising, stock management and cleanliness.
- Be the face behind Fragrance Masterclasses, VIP events in collaboration with Education, Retail and Marketing teams.
- Attend all in-class/virtual trainings from Education Manager across all axis and soft skills.
- Attend all in-class/virtual additional Fragrance Expertise modules’ training.
- Undergo 2x/year assessments (by the Guerlain Academy) targeted at Fragrance topics.
- Participate actively in digital learning APP.
- Actively engage clients via internal mobile campaign.
- Educate from the floor :
- Coach fellow colleagues on Fragrance « how to », tips and best practices
- Submit any practical ideas that will boost final transactions to Counter/Retail Manager and Education Manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of successful track record in the Service or Retail Industry
- Past Luxury or Perfume & Cosmetics experience is a plus
- A spoken 3rd language is a plus
- Fragrance studies/ certifications are a plus.
- Excellent communication, client engagement (e.g. story telling skills) and coaching/transmission skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent in presentation e.g. during virtual classes.
- Display team spirit, Empathetic and sharp (Dare and Care) attitude
- Curious, open-minded, strong positive mindset, motivated, detail-oriented are key strengths to achieve excellence in the role
- Able to coach 3-axis peers on Make-up in more detail and depth
- % Growth of POS vs % Growth of Shop Trend
- Personal Sales achievement vs Target
- Overall POS Sales achievement vs Target
- % Fragrance Growth vs LY, vs Target
- POS’ mystery shopping score
- Achieve training module goals set by Counter/Retail Manager on Be Guerlain.
- 100% completion rate for Fragrance modules (innovation & academy) on Be Guerlain.
- 90% minimum average score on Be Guerlain Fragrance modules.
- Number of Fragrance consultations vs Target
- Average score of Fragrance assessments (by the Guerlain Academy - twice/year) vs Target
- IPT/AUS (additional sales, link & cross)