SHOPLINE is Asia’s largest smart commerce platform. With our customers in mind, we strive to deliver scalable commerce solutions to merchants of all sizes. We’re a full-featured platform with services including online store opening, O2O solution, retail POS systems, advertising placement, business strategy consultation, marketing, and more to empower merchants to succeed in omnichannel retailing and cross-border commerce.
About This Role:
SHOPLINE is looking for a talented Senior Compliance Manager to support our rapidly growing business. As our Senior Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for advice and guidance across the full range of corporate compliance matters affecting SHOPLINE’s business across Asia. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level compliance professional seeking to grow and gain experience in a variety of cross border compliance areas. You will work directly with the legal and product compliance teams, supporting on privacy and other general compliance matters as well on new and innovative programmes and business models, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling compliance related inquiries.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Reporting to the General Counsel and working closely with the legal and product compliance teams.
- Collaborate closely with other support functions, business units and management to provide compliance support and advice to various business areas.
- Develop, maintain and monitor internal governance and compliance policies and regulatory updates.
- Play a key role in developing privacy and cybersecurity policies, procedures and processes for our regional offices.
- Interact, coordinate and collaborate with counterparts and colleagues in Northeast Asia.
- Support the development, launch and execution of key compliance initiatives.
- Assist in forming and managing the compliance requirements of SHOPLINE’s regional subsidiaries or branches.
- Identify potential compliance issues in the company’s operation and offer proactive advice and solutions.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (business partners, regulators, external consultants etc.) as needed.
- Provide input and support on the company’s global and regional initiatives and projects on an ad hoc basis.
What We Are Looking For:
- Broad expertise in compliance and approvals processes within the ASEAN region for e-commerce, logistics or similar sectors;
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, in audit, accounting and/or law;
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in the compliance function, with at least 2 years’ relevant experience in managing data protection/privacy or cybersecurity matters for one or more ASEAN countries as a sole contributor;
- CIPP/A, CIPM, FIP, or similar internationally recognized data privacy certifications preferred;
- This role will require constant interaction and collaboration with counterparts and colleagues in North East Asia, business fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese is a strict requirement;
- This is a regional role, so experience working on cross border transactions a must, preferably with exposure to ASEAN region;
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information and outstanding communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a multi-functional, international team environment;
- Excellent stakeholder management. Strong communication and writing skills.
Powered by JazzHR