With 7000 employees worldwide, HERE Technologies is looking for a Sr HR Manager with passion and expertise to support employees in our APAC region. This role is the main point of contact in supporting APAC region HR initiatives. The role reports into our Global Business HR team and leads a team based in Singapore and Japan.
Our Global Business HR team provides global HR business partnering and consultation to critical Business Units and functional leaders, along with the delivery and implementation of culture, learning and talent programs to drive the HERE People Agenda. This role manages a cross functional team supporting the leadership and employees in our APAC region. Upholding HERE’s cultural values such as Winning Together, Learning Fast, Being True, the team collaborates with other HR COEs to ensure that the needs of our APAC regional offices and their organizations are met. This role is located in our Singapore office and will be a hybrid role.
In this role, you will lead a small local team of business partners, recruiters, and HR operations executives to provide the required HR expertise in the following areas: performance management, talent management, restructuring & transformational project management, change management, diversity and inclusion, training, retention and engagement. Additionally, you will lead employee relations efforts for defined geographies or business units and ensure the company’s local legal compliance by managing litigation and grievance cases.
What will you do?
- Partner with business leaders to drive business results by defining the necessary people actions to successfully execute the business strategy.
- Lead a small HR team responsible for all end-to-end HR Consultant and Business Partner support for employees/ managers based within the region, including but not limited to employee relations, employee grievances, performance management (including Performance Improvement Plans), support of organizational planning & implementation, leading annual people cycle programs, manager training & local legislative compliance
- Assess organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives
- Assess organizational health & drive activities to improve morale and engagement across the defined region
- Serve as a trusted advisor to regional leadership team and other key leaders based in the region for on key organizational and management issues
- Plan and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights
- Support organization design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Support and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time
- Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Total Rewards, L&D, Talent Acquisition) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance, Communications) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs
- Act as leader and coach for team in region to ensure they are able to provide coaching to middle management leaders on behaviors and practices, employee communication and engagement, skills/leadership development, performance management, and promote a continuous learning culture.
- Support local implementation of change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time.
You are a strong candidate for this role if you possess the following skills, competencies and work experience:
- At least 12 years of work experience in partnering business on HR interventions in the APAC region.You are expected to have experience managing HR for all parts of APAC including India, countries in north Asia, ASEAN and Oceania.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading teams in a regional role.
- Thorough understanding and experience in multiple HR functional areas (e.g.: Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits etc.)
- Ability to lead large programs across an organization with at least 500+ members.
- Exposure to and demonstrated success in supporting sales and go to markets teams
- Previous experience in a multinational, internet or IT Platform companies would be very helpful for this role.
- Experience in building teams and supporting in the scaling up of organizations in the APAC region will be advantageous for this role.
- Ability to work across time zones in geographically distributed teams.
- Previous experience in driving Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Knowledge of employment laws in APAC region preferred
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships.
- Strong client relationship management skills and experience in developing consultative relationships with business leaders, including the ability to influence decision-makers to think strategically and critically.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills to effectively provide overviews on HR matters for management levels.
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance.
- Ability to work effectively in a global network and build the necessary rapport and relationships to be successful.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
What do we offer?
- An opportunity to work with extraordinary people
- Challenging problems to solve
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video