A multinational information technology and electronics company.
As a Java Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
• Develop software based on design requirements and ensure software and subroutines are working to specification, program codes have conformed to standards and are delivered with quality meeting schedule and requirements.
Project Delivery • Analyze process/program specifications & translate specifications to program codes, conforming to program guidelines and programming best practices.
• Make changes to configurable items, which include hardware, software, documentation, etc. It covers configuration management planning, configuration identification, configuration controls & audits.
• Develop unit test package, execute tests & document test results to ensure the quality of the program.
• Assist in the integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Test ( UAT) & implementation activities to fix the reported problems/bugs of the system to ensure the smooth execution of programs in the production environment.
• Investigate all reported problems/errors & initiate amendments & testing so that the system can operate correctly & efficiently
• Prepare & maintain up-to-date system documentation.
• Analyze functional requirements to translate into application design using established design methodologies and guidelines
• Ensure codes comply with NCS security guidelines.
Team Work • Work with team lead to ensure design and programmed codes conform to architecture and design standards, and that design satisfies functional and system requirements.
• Participate in requirements gathering; work with Business Analysts in reviewing and refining functional specifications
• Participate in peer reviews to improve project quality.
- Typically 2 years’ experience with substantial project work in software development.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management of Information Systems or equivalent.
- Mandatory Skills: Java.
- Preferred Skills: Angular.
- Possess initiative and disposition with a strong commitment and orientation towards results and high quality standards.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think out of the box.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and with high energy.
- Customer focused.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Able to travel as required.