A leading utilities company is expanding the team and is looking for a IT Support Officer.
You will be responsible for the following as a IT Support Officer:
- Monitor, control, release, and process batch jobs according to production job plans where necessary.
- Monitor file transfers between internal and external systems and scheduled batch jobs closely and respond to any alert immediately.
- Maintain and keep up to date the Standing Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensure proper reporting of operational incidents, and that incidents are prioritised and assigned to the relevant support for resolution in a timely manner.
- Provide regular updates and ensure proper follow-through until issue is resolved.
- Work with team for operational support in application systems projects, including application batch job scheduling and automation, Operations Acceptance Testing like batch job performance testing, backup and recovery, operations monitoring, as well as application deployment to production.
- Report any security infringement and escalate any alarms/emergencies to the supervisor promptly.
- Perform proactive monitoring of critical systems and infrastructure services through centralised IT Operations Management system and escalate alerts promptly.
- Escalate issue and follow up with respective support where necessary.
- Attend to operations job failure and ensure that incident reports are closed by SLA due date.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Full GCE 2 `A' and 2 `AO' level passes (including General Paper or English as a 2nd language for non-English medium candidates who obtain the GCE `A' level) or equivalent qualification and a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Data Centre Operations experience running operations including batch job processing, backup and archiving, operations monitoring of systems health in both SAP and non-SAP environment.
- Confident in using software tools to control/manage batch job processing, enterprise backup, data archiving and monitoring of systems health.
- Good knowledge of automation tools for batch jobs, enterprise backup system and IT resources monitoring system is an advantage
- Operational knowledge with batch job scheduler and IT operations monitoring system is a necessity, enterprise backup and archiving system is preferred.
- Candidates must be analytical and possess good communications, teamwork and interpersonal skills, able to multi-task, work independently and proactively in supporting daily critical operations and projects.
- Work in data centers at different locations depending on roster.
- If staff is required to work after office hours, weekend or public holiday, such work has to be pre-approved.
- Able to do shift work (3 shifts (8 hours) 7am - 2pm , 2pm - 10pm & 10 pm - 7am)