This position involves working with primary and secondary students with autism who have a range of difficulties, such as penmanship, co-ordination, sensory sensitivity and integration. Your job role will include -
Assessment & Report Writing
- Participate in team assessment for school admissions
- Conduct Occupational Therapy (OT) related assessments and write reports for intervention planning
- Conduct OT related assessments and write reports for Access Arrangements for National Exams
- Plan and deliver programmes for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) in the area of motor and co-ordination skills (eg. Handwriting, aspects of PE, Vocational Skills)
- Redesign task to increase productive through accommodation and skill development
- Make necessary referrals to external and alternative services where necessary
- Participate in collaborative consultation model with key stakeholders
- Participate in curriculum / programme development projects
- Develop programme wide or school wide intervention programmes on areas related to sensory issues, and functional and motor co-ordination skills
- Plan and deliver training, consultation and instructions to Educators on areas related to the interventions in OT
- Plan and deliver training to parents on areas related to interventions in OT
- Provide supervision and mentorship to new / junior OTs
Management and Leadership
- Provide routine reporting on agreed Key Goals for OT service
- Influence the development of programmes and policies to promote best practice in OT and sensory accomodations
- Full registration with the Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC)
- Experience and skills in assessment and intervention on sensory issues
- Desire to learn about autism and the passion to serve the autism community
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes and different perspectives
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced work environment
We are also looking for Principal Occupational Therapist. Please write in to enquire about the position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to hire.