As a Solutions Reliability Engineer within the IT organization, you will be responsible for ensuring CG’s global application and solutions operating environment is highly available, reliable, and supportable. The Europe and Asia Client Group (EACG) Technology team manages in-house and vendor products. As a Solutions Reliability Engineer, you will be working closely with vendors, partners, and other internal teams to continuously improve the operating environment. If you are looking to join a team that offers autonomy, working in a nurturing environment, and challenging problems, this might be the job for you!
Capital Group’s mission since 1931 has been to improve our customers’ lives through successful long-term investing. Looking to the future, we are growing our business in Europe and Asia by concentrating efforts on serving clients in partnership with the leading multinational ﬁnancial ﬁrms, forming stronger partnerships with the largest and most sophisticated institutional clients, and a differentiated perspective to ESG investing. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about our goal, driving growth in EACG through actively designing and developing the necessary automation to improve the reliability of our solution(s).
Based in our Singapore office, you will have frequent interactions with business and IT teams. This role focuses less on functionality and usability and more on availability, reliability, and supportability, and does so proactively versus reactively.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partners with Application Services and project teams to help identify, prioritize, and drive operational excellence and solutions
- Coordinates timely delivery of complex integration test environments supporting major business initiatives, analyzing outcomes to identify and implement actions to reduce defects
- Lead delivery on infrastructure projects like migration of Operating system, Database upgrade, Reporting platform changes etc.
- Provides ongoing feedback and solutions and recommends how to improve and/or automate repetitive tasks, and designs and develops the automation to optimize the efficiency of the solution
- Maintains a working knowledge of core CG technologies, applications, business cycles and capabilities to assess the impact of technology events on the business and other support areas.
- Making insightful contributions to your team.
Your background and who you are:
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership of tasks.
- You can successfully work independently and with teams based on needs
- You approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity, and enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
- You are a self-starter, keen to proactively learn and apply what you have learnt.
- You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.
- You can put yourself into your customer’s shoes. You frequently immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how you can better serve them.
- Working experience of at least 2-3 years in Dev Ops (preferred)
- Solid understanding of applications, solutions, and other related technologies supporting business solutions and capabilities in more than one domain
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues, perform analysis and problem solving towards improving our application operating environment and overall availability, reliability, and supportability of the solutions
- Prior Application Development, or on the job experience designing, developing, and implementing improvements in Operational capabilities
- Fast learner, problem solver, results oriented, with thorough follow-through
- Detail-oriented with the ability to take in multiple data sources, analyze the data, and design/develop and implement solutions to improve the reliability of the service. A ‘find & fix’ mindset
- Ability to work effectively with non-Associates (Contractors, Partners, Vendors, etc.) and ensure they are meeting our operational objectives and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Independently drives prioritization and change to processes or technology, and can influence other teams to act
- Demonstrates broad skills and experience of IT and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to navigate quickly across ITG to pull in other Subject Matter Experts when necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication; both technical and business-oriented communications