At Fresh, we create beauty products that perform with experiences that transform.
Born in Boston, Raised in New York. What began as a small collection in a neighborhood shop by our founders Lev & Alina, has evolved into a full lifestyle line of skincare, lip care, bodycare, and fragrance sold all over the world.
The sensoriality of our products—their textures and scents—sets us apart. It’s this combination of high efficacy and amazing sensations that we’re known for, and why those who know us love us. Lev says fresh creates products people don’t know they need—and then can’t live without. Our founders still work with the brand every day to fulfill their original dream of making beauty that performs and transforms.
We are driven by our never complacent indie spirit where the sky's the limit. This approach is initiated by Lev and Alina and lived by the entire organization. Our boundless curiosity fuels our search for the extraordinary, whether it’s a moment of pleasure in nature or an experience of generosity in our shops. Where fresh goes, beauty follows. We are pioneers—in product innovation, in experience, in culture, and in process.
We believe that fresh is more than what it sells; it’s the emotional connection to the brand that we call the sixth sense. It’s the heartfelt experience we craft for our people and our guests.
Fresh is a brand of LVMH group worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, driven Regional Business Controller - SEA Oceania to build fresh to be the most loved brand in SEA Oceania region. The Regional Business Controller working on a mix of joint-venture markets (L Beauty: Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand & Philippines) as well as subsidiary market (Australia).
This role plays a critical role in reinvigorating and revamping the FP&A function in totality; across processes, reporting needs, and elevating the existing FP&A business partnering capabilities. He/She has full stewardship of the overall commercial finance and full suite of FP&A activities across countries. The business is at an exciting phase of transformation towards achieving the set growth trajectory. This position will serve as a brilliant career development platform; for a proven and seasoned FP&A business partnering professional with depth of regional FP&A consolidation, reporting and business partnering skillset. This role leads a business analyst and reports to the Regional Brand General Manager.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Support with monthly business reviews preparation and driving the process, industry and market trends and analysis, SWOT analysis, scenario analysis and sensitivity analysis.
- Business partnering with regional/country BU team including but not limited to ROI analysis, forward looking decision support, inventory and incentive review, controlling A&P and trade spend.
- Monthly analysis of financial results and rolling forecast. This includes monitoring of achievement of financial performance vs KPIs.
- Provide financial insights and work collaboratively with the commercial team to support the business to grow with available resources.
- Stakeholder management and work with Regional functional heads on projects that are critical for regional success.
- Transparent reporting of risks and opportunities in business to senior management.
- Pressure test to forecasts of export markets and ensure the business plans are grounded and lead to profitable and sustainable growth.
- Takes part and challenges key business decisions using relevant reporting and analysis, and presenting data in a commercial way, to optimize costs and efficiency of activities.
- Analyze the marketing spend, review vendor selections, and provide recommendations.
- Ensure Company funds and assets are effectively utilized or invested.
- Ensure an adequate and effective internal control systems are in place and are implemented to properly safeguard company assets.
- Be involved and assist in the auditing process – both internal and external when required
- She/he also ensures best practices and coherent financial processes across, making recommendations and implementing as appropriate.
- Participate to monthly closing in relationship with Operational Team & Accounting
- Analyse the overall delivery of the financial targets monthly and report back to the business/joint venture/ global with recommendations as necessary (Outlook, Sell Out, Sell In, monthly P&L closing)
- Monthly measure & analyse discrepancies between actual & targets by customers
- Support Monthly reporting to HQ, local Finance & Sales team & marketing team
- Work closely with regional, local and HQ teams and develop excellent knowledge of Fresh SEAO, local markets operating environments
- Analyze the overall delivery of company financial targets on a regular basis and report back to the business with recommendations as necessary
- Evaluate profitability of the brand, analyze the profitability by customer and by subsidiary in accordance with brand management needs
- Analyze the business risk and preparation of back-up plan for business target achievement
- Check and analyze monthly P&Ls, and prepare the monthly consolidated package
- Preparation of monthly management report with commentaries explaining variances between actuals, forecast and budget
- Handle local reports requested by the regional and HQ teams
- Support Australia market in the absence of a local controller.
Forecasts (Budget, Revision, Landing, …)
- Prepare budget and revisions in accordance with parent company requirements and timetable, working with the local management and controlling teams to gather information in a timely and accurate way
- Manage entire budgeting process, coordinating with all internal stakeholders for inputs
- Build bottoms up budget for each business division and all back-office cost central including Finance, HR, IT, marketing and legal
- Maintain cost control responsibility; provide relevant reports and rationale, with recommended action plans to the business for tight budget control
- Support the brand in preparing the 3 years plan
- Prepare budget deck for presentation to senior management
- Participate in the implementation of finance / IT projects for the controlling functions
- Continually seek to improve processing efficiency and controlling capabilities of the company
- Reinforce internal control requirements and implement procedures as necessary
- A team player and leader with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently, highly autonomous, work under pressure for tight deadlines
- Possess good business acumen with an analytical mind
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing environment and business needs
- High level of persuading and influencing skills
- Proactive, meticulous with strong analytical thinking and business mind-set
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken)
- Well-organized, sensitive to figures, detail-oriented and commitment to accuracy
- Able to work in a multicultural team
- System oriented (strong Excel and Access skills)
- SAP ERP
- Advanced Knowledge of financial system (SAP, SYRUS, Orion)
- Accounting and controlling knowledge
- Proficiency in oral and written English.
- At least 8-10 years of Business Controlling and/or Audit experience
- Business Financial or Accounting degree or related
- Experience in luxury, FMCG, beauty or retail and regional role will be preferred
- Strong experience in a financial position within an international group