Apply now Job no: 498473
Work type: Full Time
Location: Marina Bay Sands
Categories: Back of House, F&B Management, Chefs / Commis
- Support the Executive Chef/ Executive Sous Chef and the team ensuring smooth daily operations.
- Maintain complete knowledge of scheduled menus of the kitchen / F&B outlets as well as the menu items preparation method/time, major ingredients, quality standards, taste, texture, serving temperature, portion size and presentation method.
- Display uncompromising level of commitment and support to the Hygiene Manager and Executive Chef in order to achieve the highest level of food safety requirement in all kitchens applying "First in First out!" best kitchen practice.
- Provide accurate recipes with appropriate training to the line cooks enabling them to deliver consistent food product.
- Assist individuals with their job functions and on the job training when necessary to ensure optimum service to customers.
- Estimate food consumption to schedule purchases and requisition of raw materials.
- Minimize waste and spoilage to expenses in line with budget.
- Prepare efficient daily work list and train line cooks to produce mise en place with sense of priority and time management.
- Ensure a cooperative and professional rapport is maintained with all external controls, casino management, and front of the house team.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Train and be a mentor figure to other Team Members.
- Comply and ensure Marina Bay Sands (Las Vegas Sands Corporation) hygiene policies are strictly adhered to on a daily basis.
- Work inside and continuously maneuver in and around all areas of the offices as well as the Kitchens.
- Assist in daily ordering of ingredients thru the Ariba system.
- Compile recipe cards for the restaurant.
- Supervise stewarding staff and maintaining cleaning schedules.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness in the kitchen, walk in fridge/freezer, dry store area, back area etc.
- Degree / Diploma / Certification in Culinary Arts or Management
- 7 years managerial experience with similar cuisine and dining concept. The candidate should possess a comprehensive and diverse culinary background that suggests a well-developed set of skills in terms of being able to cope in a large, diverse kitchen & fine-dining restaurant environment
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisines, their preparation and service. Understanding of latest culinary concepts in a broad range of cuisines
- Knowledge in using computer for administration work
- Good knowledge on basic accounting and calculation of food costs
- Excellent logistical, culinary and leadership skills
- Able to instill safety and sanitation habits
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional languages is advantageous
- Willing and able to work shift work
- Have a well-groomed, professional appearance
Marina Bay Sands is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce, providing equal opportunities as we grow our talent base to match our growth ambitions in Singapore. Our employees are committed to adhere to and abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures, including the rules of conduct and business ethics of the Company.
Advertised: 01 Feb 2023 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results